Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year My Facebook Friends!




The social media network particularly Facebook has given me opportunity to reach out to many people not only locally but also globally. My online friends include people of different ages, genders, races, culture, religions and political persuasions.                                                                                                                                                                       
Through Facebook  I have connected with long lost friends, former classmates and people who I went to the same school with. For me, it seems that it was only yesterday that I and my contemporaries enjoyed together the life of being young. During that time it seemed that our carefree days would last forever. But now those thoughts are gone. I have grand children of my own. Time really flies.                                                                                                                                                
I and you my friends have become an online community. It is indeed a pleasant experience to view your pictures, videos, articles and other posts that you want to share with me and others. Although I have never met some of you in person, my interactions with you have given me more knowledge on various matters that are of interest to me.   
                                                                     
As a person I have my own political as well as religious and other beliefs. Although at times I don’t agree with the comments, ideas or opinions that you shared in your posts most especially on matter that is political, I do respect your right to express them.                                                                                                          
For 2013, we may have our share of life’s ups and downs. And as long as we live there are always adversities that come in our way. We could overcome those sad realities by just counting our blessings. We should not be bitter of the bad things that have happened to us because if we look around, there are still plenty of good things that we should be grateful of. As always, we are still blessed by God.  

I wish that you would have a good health and be happy with your family, loved ones and friends in 2014. I also wish that we could enjoy those things that we always used to do for a healthy and enduring friendship.    
                                                                                                                                                                   
Happy New Year!”

1 comment: